No Room For A Tree

Source

Our big Christmas tree, that touched the ceiling of our last big house it was so ridiculously tall, remains at the back of the shed this Christmas! It’s just too big for our compact urban dwelling this year, so I have been looking at ways of doing the tree thing without doing a tree as such.

I am rather drawn to rustic twig and foliage arrangements. Maybe it’s my love of all things Scandinavian and the fact that fir and sticks remind me of a cold climate and a white Christmas!

Pinterest

A few sticks, some pretty lights and some teeny tiny treasures … and voila!

Pinterest

Oh, the simpler the better. I just love it! And monochromatic too!

Family Holiday

Stick or logs. This is so lovely. You can just tell it’s cold outside this one and they have a log pile! Sigh.

Fun Crafts Kids

If my children hadn’t grown up so fast, and we still had the ‘craft box’, we would have made this already. I mean it.

Source

Perfect.

Pinterest

Ok, so we have a big box of baubles, decorations and pretties that my boys made in kindy. You know, the ones made out of dough, that are at least 14 years old and would be attractive to vermin now if they weren’t hermetically sealed in a bauble box.

Something like this could work.

How To Decorate

Or this!!!!! Heartstopping!

Trendhunter

I have so many pallets at the shed!

Martha Stewart

How cool is this?!

PVC pipe offcuts! A plumber’s tree perhaps?

Digs Digs

Baubles, wire and a pretty frame. Lovely.

Apartment Therapy

Sticks and baubles.

So so pretty … and so easy!

Lifehack

Even easier! Wool, tape and baubles!

Buzzfeed

And isn’t this beautiful? .. proving that you need no room at all to have a tree … just a wall, chalkboard paint and chalk … and some artistic leanings.

Wedding Chicks

A picture of a tree is still a tree? Yes? Safety pins and baubles perhaps?

Pinterest

Or you can go really Scandi and minimalist and celebrate the outline of a Christmas tree. Love this. The rugs and the fairy lights just make this. Oooh, I bet it is cold and snowing outside this one!

Buzzfeed

So darling.

Love!

9b2331d3d9ceab4416d2b42397bdf238

Family Holiday

All you need is an outline of a tree! 6 baubles and some lights!

Pinterest

Or one bauble, tinsel and lights …

Scandinavian Lovesong

… or just baubles …

664253c7385ef3914ae79a095b0f6522

… or just tinsel!

And now, after seeing this, I have absolutely no excuse for not having a tree … or the outline of one!

Happy Monday! I’m off to the shed to forage for staging stuff, for a home I am listing this week. I secretly love days like this, as finding stuff is always sort of like Christmas for me all year ’round.

Source

• Andrea
    December 15, 2014 at 11:13 am

Just a thought A-M – when I lived in Asia for a spell I used to get a poinsettia every year and put gifts underneath that. It always worked in a pinch.

xx,

December 15, 2014 at 11:20 am

Those poinsettias just scream Christmas, don’t they? Great idea! xx

• Catherine Lynn
    December 15, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Lovely pictures to show that Christmas decorating only needs imagination!!

December 15, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Sure does. The simple things in life. So easy. So effective. xx

• AE
    December 15, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Love these trees! So pretty! xx

• FF
    December 16, 2014 at 7:45 am

can’t wait to see what you do tree wise x

• Libby
    December 20, 2014 at 8:51 pm

My friend made a pallet one and entered into a xmas tree comp with over 70 entries and won!

• Kelly
    December 23, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Love these ideas!

• Carolyne
    December 24, 2014 at 10:00 am

Love all the inspiration shown here A-M – gorgeous as always.

Comments are closed here.

This is where I muse about home design, real estate, interiors and life with my boys. I am starting my next house build, 'The Next House That A-M Built', and hope to have some action on site in January 2018. While I am building I will continue to run my Real Estate agency, 'Cape Cod Residential', through which I stage, style and sell beautiful homes all over Brisbane, Australia. I have an unrivalled staging inventory which enables me to present all manner of homes in their absolute best light for sale. It brings me such joy to be able to do Real Estate so differently and achieve great results for my clients. I am so grateful to be living such a creative and exciting life ... that I have created through blood, sweat, tears and physio appointments!

Our designer in-house furniture and accessories inventory is available free of charge to all our real estate clients.

The first 'House That A-M Built' -Home Beautiful Cover, May 2010