Recurring Favourites

w1

Some of my favourite front elevations.

A nice way to start Tuesday.

W2

It’s all in the first impression.

W3

The front door, the front entrance is ‘it’.

w4

Gables, gable vents….

w6

… eave returns, white trims…..

w8

I promise you’ll never hear anything different here.

I’m a tragic.

w9

w7

I do keep coming back to this one, for my corner block though …. but with a porch balustrade and 200 x 200 posts rather than columns. That’s a good sign, isn’t it? … if you don’t change your mind and keep coming back to the same thing?

… and it would have to be grey, of course…. with white trims.

Into the day. I’m off for a quick run, then a crawl in some traffic over the bridge … and then the shed for some lighting pick ups.

School is well and truly back. My youngest said, out of the blue, in the car on the way home from school yesterday, “I am feeling very happy today”. And eldest is in raptures as they are dissecting ox hearts next week. What more could a Mum ask for? Happy kids, happy Mum. Simple.

Happy Tuesday!

Image Sources Via My Pinterest Page

• Vicki
    April 16, 2013 at 9:30 am

The house for your corner block is superb. Yes, if you keep coming back to it, then it certainly is a good thing. We have one or two building companies here in Perth that have jumped onto the “Hampton Style” bandwagon, which suits me just fine, since our local council favours this style of architecture.

Really looking forward to reading all about “The Second House A-M Built”.

V x

• Catherine
    April 16, 2013 at 9:59 am

Hi A-M. Loving you style re homes and whatever you decide to build will be just wonderfull and perfect. Yes stick to the one you keep coming back to, I think that home would be such a standout in the suburb. you would never regret it! Loving your bravery re python in the shed in the back yard. Having three boys of my own I could never bring myself to say yes to such a pet. I also have such a phobia towards snakes of all varieties. My hat goes off to you! Glad the boys are loving being back at school and I love how your youngest embraces his new school environment. Such a happy chap! Your eldest is the same age as my middle one. Very tough year for them study wise. Year 10 at our school is sitting for an outside aptitude test his week. No study required so the boys are rather anxious. It will help them identify their strengths and weaknesses when choosing subjects and careers later on. Cross fingers it all works out! Have a great day, Cathyx

• Ness
    April 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Sigh-your pictures are all perfect.

I can’t wait til my Queenslander looks like one of those. Tone down our blue exterior, paint all (not just some) of the trim white. One day we will get there. We sanded our decks today, so once we oil them it will already look a thousand times better!

• Anna (My Design Ethos)
    April 16, 2013 at 6:50 pm

These are all beautiful houses A-M and exactly what I want to build in a few years when budget permits! That last one is simply beautiful xx

April 18, 2013 at 9:08 am

Thank you Anna. I keep coming back to it! xx

• EclectChic
    April 17, 2013 at 12:09 am

I could quite happily live in any of those. They’re all perfect. Its definitely a sign!

April 18, 2013 at 9:08 am

Love a good ‘sign’! xx

• Julie B. [Holland]
    April 17, 2013 at 2:42 am

Love that last picture, if you keep coming back to it and its always in the back of your mind, hmmm that does say it all! LOL. Great to hear your boys are happy and loving life! Hope you feel better and cant wait to see the next phase of a building project! xo

April 18, 2013 at 9:07 am

Me too Julie. Market has been rather tragic here so I have been a bit cautious to start the next one. xx

Comments are closed here.

This is where I muse about home design, real estate, interiors and life with my boys. I am starting my next house build, 'The Next House That A-M Built', and hope to have some action on site in March, 2017. While I am building I will continue to run my Real Estate agency, 'Cape Cod Residential', through which I stage, style and sell beautiful homes all over Brisbane, Australia. I have an unrivalled staging inventory which enables me to present all manner of homes in their absolute best light for sale. It brings me such joy to be able to do Real Estate so differently and achieve great results for my clients. I am so grateful to be living such a creative and exciting life ... that I have created ... through blood, sweat, tears and physio appointments! A-M xx

Our designer in-house furniture and accessories inventory is available to all our real estate clients

Purchase My Favourite Styling Pieces