Bill

It’s not for want of trying. I swear. I would have made the trek to West End pretty much once a week over the past 8 months, looking for him … and our paths have NEVER crossed!
I was out to lunch with my son yesterday and after lunch I suggested we look for Bill, at a different time to what I usually search for him. I had been told that he now takes refuge under a building in a nearby street. I found him there, lying on his bed.
I wasn’t going crazy! Over the past few months he had moved on to another suburb, due to the extreme amount of construction work being done in West End. Wow, it really is noisy down there. I would have moved too with all the noise that sinking those high-rise footings makes. Bill assured me he is back now, for good, back into his art by the river, and for the time being, living under this building until the new tenants take over upstairs. We arranged to meet at his usual spot this morning as I wanted to give him some Christmas goodies from my family.
Son and I went shopping for all his favourites yesterday and I set out early this morning to find Bill, as he informed me that his hours by the river are now 4am – approx 7am, depending on how hot it gets.
He wasn’t there at 5.30am, 6am, at 7am. I spoke to the kind lady at the local takeaway shop, who minds his money for him (as his scant belongings often get stolen), and she alluded to the fact that, ‘things are up and down’. Bill’s demeanour is unpredictable at times. Things are up and down. That’s the nature of the business. She’s a kind soul. She has given him blankets and food and bought his artwork. It’s all she can do. I told her to not take it personally. It’s the nature of the business.
So I’m home again now, about to take little one to his last day at school and then big son and I are going BACK to West End so I can deposit these goodies. If it takes me all damn day.
Little one had the most joyous day yesterday. The instructions from school were to come in your togs, armed with a water pistol. They played water games all day. How cool is that? He came home deliriously tired with green team war paint (and a big smile) all over his face. Today is ‘optional’ at school. They don’t have to go if they don’t want to. Son looked mortified when I suggested that  he stay home today to save me some driving. Of course he wants to go … so I am driving all over the place today! #mylifeinthecar
I’ll let you know how I go with Bill.
A few readers have asked me to link back to old posts I wrote about Bill. Not all of them came over to WordPress from Blogger for some reason. I can find them in the back end of my site but just a white screen comes up when you click on ‘View Post’? I sort of wrote snippets about in him in most of my posts, when I was living in West End, as I either ran past him or rode past him almost every day. We shared a comfortable banter almost daily. I miss living down there, I really do.
Here are a few posts that did come over to my new blog:

Happy Friday!

PS. Sorry about the spacing and formatting in this post. Something happened in an update and I can’t for the life of me work out how to make the final post version look like it does in the back end. xx

Tags:

Savouring Little Moments

A Beautiful Year

• Katherine theoldboathouse
    December 14, 2012 at 8:15 am

Good luck today will be thinking of you x

December 15, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Thanks lovely. xx

• Eleanora
    December 14, 2012 at 8:56 am

Thanks for the update. I hope you can find him today.

• belleinspirations
    December 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

You have a Beautiful soul A-M, Bill is lucky to have you as you are him it has enabled you to teach your boys the gift of giving and unconditional love, through life experience…such a priceless gift. Have a lovely day xx

• Deanne
    December 14, 2012 at 10:10 am

I hope you find him!

• Annie
    December 14, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Hope you track him down, if anyone can it’s you!
    xx

• Priya
    December 14, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I just read about Radhika and now I am reading about Bill … The world seriously needs more A-M’s . You are such a beautiful giving soul … An old soul . Hope you find him soon and I seriously feel you should win something- Lotto guys I am looking at you :)Priyaxx

• Amanda
    December 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Hope you manage to find him and are able to pass his goodies on to him. I used to let my students have a water fight on the last day of school too – such a fun way to end the year :)

• Andrea Lauder
    December 15, 2012 at 10:06 am

I’m so glad to hear you found Bill and I hope you are able to connect with him before you leave!

This is where I muse about home design, interiors, life with my boys and other stuff that stops my heart. I own my own Real Estate agency, 'Cape Cod Residential', through which I stage, style and sell beautiful homes all over Brisbane, Australia. I have an unrivalled staging inventory which enables me to present all manner of homes in their absolute best light for sale. The complete Real Estate Package! I have an online store, 'Cape Cod Designs', that features some of my most favourite styling pieces ... AND I am currently scheming 'The Next House That A-M Built'. A-M xx

My Real Estate Agency

My Real Estate Agency

Complimentary to all my real estate clients

Like my real estate