Paris Daydreams

I have so much to do before I go … but I am already there … in my daydreams.

Best thing is, I’ll have 3 of the most special people in the world with me this time.

I. Can’t. Wait.

We’re going to sit right here and eat crepes.

You know the place? Just over the little bridge from Notre Dame?

I never dreamt that I would be going back with my boys… with my family.

Well, I did … in my dreams.

Focus on your dreams. Live ‘as if’… and they will come true.

They will.

You can now leave a comment with your Facebook account...

19 Responses to Paris Daydreams

1. Virginia says:

How fabulous! So exciting when things come together so perfectly. Living the dream – love it! Vx

2. Erin Hill says:

I’m so happy for you A-M….and a little jealous, but in a good way. I first stumbled across your blog when you were going through what was obviously a very painful situation and I kept coming back to see how you were. Isn’t it funny how you can have care and compassion on a total stranger, where the only bond you have is of both being women and mothers? I read you blog daily now and enjoy the little journey you take us on. Am super excited that you are taking us to Europe with you for christmas…even if it is just through words and pictures…can’t wait!!!

• A-M says:

That is so lovely Erin. Thanks for checking in on me. This blogging caper is such an amazing thing isn’t it? The bonds you share with people. I will do my very best to bring you exciting words and pictures from the other side of the world. A-M xx

3. Maureen says:

Aah, the beauty, I too have sat in that café …. in very early Spring, no leaves on the trees with glorious blue skies and a chill in the air, such beautiful memories. I’m imagining it under snow laden clouds and snow on the ground with a family of four chatting excitedly together before just sitting and absorbing the beauty. It’s going to be such a wonderful experience for your family. Mxx

• A-M says:

Oh Maureen, I don’t think I am going to be prepared for the cold! I have only ever been in Spring and in Summer in my youth, splashing about in fountains. It’s going to be a different ball game in the cold! I can’t wait! I am so over the Brisbane heat already. It’s hard packing fur collars and warm clothes though! xx

4. Priya says:

Spot on … I am going to do the same as you suggest , I have always wanted to go on a cruise … It is something I think about when I want to pick myself up. When I am having a hard day .That cafe looks so sweet , and those crepes …. Please have one for me too :)Priyaxx

5. Beth says:

Might see you there! Just booked a train to Paris from London and a flight from Paris to Cardiff. Getting super excited too…and yes soooo much to do too! We leave in a week – yay and yikes! (excuse the excessive use of exclamation marks!! that’s what being excited looks like : )
    x

• A-M says:

Oooh, ooh, we’re on the train from Paris to London too! … on the 27th I think? and the flights are so cheap!!! $49 from London to Geneva! We are flying back to Switzerland from London. Cheaper than petrol here in Australia. Oh you must be beside yourself… one week!!!!…. essential excessive use of exclamation marks needed when there’s only one week to go!!!!! xx

6. Miss Gingham says:

Very soon those daydreams will become reality AM. You must be really excited and I am so happy for you and your family.
    I’ve spent the morning minding my little grandson who is so like his father that for me it’s like having Nigel as a baby all over again. xx

• A-M says:

Thank you! How lovely that your little grandson is so like your boy. My Mum says the same thing about my brother’s boys. I think the same thing about my boys… they remind me of my brothers when they were little. xx

7. Jen says:

Oh, how divine! We took the twins to Europe last year (at 18 months old – we must have been insane!) and we stayed on Ile St Louis in an apartment on the top floor with gorgeous little juliet balconies overlooking just that place :) You are going to have a beautiful time. I trust you will be a diligent instagramma while your’e away – I loved following your NY wanderings x

8. Katy says:

You guys should look at hiring some SEGWAYS in Paris for a couple of hours! They are totally fun and a great way for everyone to see things FAST. Get a guide to take you round. 3 teens + 2 adults – we had a blast!
    I think I may have mentioned this in an earlier reply, but we are having fond memories of our European Vacation 12 months ago and I cant rave enough about how fun this was!
    Sorry to hear you are leaving the “Blue and Grey” I always kind of hoped I’d bump into you in the uniform shop or Speech Night or somewhere! Another time and another sliding door perhaps!
    Have a great trip!
    Katy

9. jennajordan says:

This post resonated with me for a reason…and that little bunny, I couldn’t take my eyes off him…yes…dreams do come true!