Embracing Colour. Sort Of.

Courtesy Elle Decor

I love this. It’s embracing colour … sort of … in a whimsical, tongue in cheek way … without throwing it in your face.

What do you think?

And in other riveting news, our second car blew up. Spectacularly. Forever. We’re down to one car and guess who’s the driver? Schools on opposite sides of town, new cars to test drive ….it’s going to be a busy few days. If this car had blown up before we’d arranged our holiday, we would have cancelled our holiday. Not much we can do about it now. Not so good timing ….. but maybe good timing?! Never a dull moment! At least one son only has one week of school left to go, minimising the run around.

I’m off to drive everyone, everywhere….. ‘tout le monde, partout’

You can now leave a comment with your Facebook account...

14 Responses to Embracing Colour. Sort Of.

1. Libby says:

Giggling at the picture not your car dilemma:) your embracing of colour is way more restrained than mine!

2. brismod says:

Oh no! That sucks. About the car not the embracing colour.xx

3. Lorraine says:

A friend once told me that when he was young, his parents got a small inheritance. There were 4 four boys in the family and one bathroom. They really needed another bathroom! But, instead, the parents opted to use the money to buy annual ski lift tickets for the family for the next few years. My friend told me that he thanked his father years later for the many weekends of skiing fun….he doubted that he would have thanked him for the convenience of a second bathroom.
    Enjoy your trip….those boys are going fast….they and you will always remember this wonderful time in France.

4. Parisgirl says:

Don’t even joke about canceling the trip. Cars are merely a (necessary) convenience whilst the trip will make memories that will last forever. It is going to be fabulous, what a time you will have A-M :)

5. Miss Gingham says:

The first thing I noticed was the questionable choice of chintz for a roman blind. As for the colour, may I say, you’ve still got a way to go!
    I hate cars, such a necessary evil.

6. Deanne says:

love the stripes!

7. kell says:

Hi A-M, I don’t comment much but I read your blog all the time. Am so excited for your upcoming holiday! Our car blew up last week, the 2nd time in 6 months (we’re out of town with one car so you can imagine the stress!), so I can totally sympathize. Anyhow, they’re only cars. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

8. kathryn says:

A-M go test a Tourag (not sure if that is correct spelling). They are gorgeous.

9. I’ve never had a car blow up! Did it catch on fire? was that the spectacle? I both love and hate cars. Love cars and the freedom they bring and yet hate that I have to have one- an old one too( I really keep them until they die! My volvo is 14 and have inherited a 7 yr old subaru), I would much rather catch taxis or hire cars or have servants to drive me everywhere- in a very fancy modern car of course!

10. Cherylle says:

One car is such a hassle – we are doing it at the moment. There is a lot of scheduling happening trying to get everyone to and from their commitments.
    Your trip sounds sooooooo wonderful. Maybe this is one of the silver linings in the cloud of the past?

11. Katrina says:

How did the car shopping go??