Embracing Colour. Sort Of.

Courtesy Elle Decor

I love this. It’s embracing colour … sort of … in a whimsical, tongue in cheek way … without throwing it in your face.

What do you think?

And in other riveting news, our second car blew up. Spectacularly. Forever. We’re down to one car and guess who’s the driver? Schools on opposite sides of town, new cars to test drive ….it’s going to be a busy few days. If this car had blown up before we’d arranged our holiday, we would have cancelled our holiday. Not much we can do about it now. Not so good timing ….. but maybe good timing?! Never a dull moment! At least one son only has one week of school left to go, minimising the run around.

I’m off to drive everyone, everywhere….. ‘tout le monde, partout’

Blue Tile Love

Savouring Little Moments

• Libby
    November 23, 2012 at 6:12 am

Giggling at the picture not your car dilemma:) your embracing of colour is way more restrained than mine!

November 23, 2012 at 6:31 am

slowly, slowly! #colour xx

• brismod
    November 23, 2012 at 6:51 am

Oh no! That sucks. About the car not the embracing colour.xx

November 23, 2012 at 7:54 am

Yeah, totally sucks. The car. Not the colour! Ha! #mylifeinthecar just stepped up a notch! Xx

• Lorraine
    November 23, 2012 at 7:58 am

A friend once told me that when he was young, his parents got a small inheritance. There were 4 four boys in the family and one bathroom. They really needed another bathroom! But, instead, the parents opted to use the money to buy annual ski lift tickets for the family for the next few years. My friend told me that he thanked his father years later for the many weekends of skiing fun….he doubted that he would have thanked him for the convenience of a second bathroom.
    Enjoy your trip….those boys are going fast….they and you will always remember this wonderful time in France.

• Parisgirl
    November 23, 2012 at 8:41 am

Don’t even joke about canceling the trip. Cars are merely a (necessary) convenience whilst the trip will make memories that will last forever. It is going to be fabulous, what a time you will have A-M :)

• Miss Gingham
    November 23, 2012 at 9:05 am

The first thing I noticed was the questionable choice of chintz for a roman blind. As for the colour, may I say, you’ve still got a way to go!
    I hate cars, such a necessary evil.

• Deanne
    November 23, 2012 at 9:36 am

love the stripes!

• kell
    November 23, 2012 at 9:57 am

Hi A-M, I don’t comment much but I read your blog all the time. Am so excited for your upcoming holiday! Our car blew up last week, the 2nd time in 6 months (we’re out of town with one car so you can imagine the stress!), so I can totally sympathize. Anyhow, they’re only cars. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

• kathryn
    November 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

A-M go test a Tourag (not sure if that is correct spelling). They are gorgeous.

• Jodie aka Mummaducka
    November 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I’ve never had a car blow up! Did it catch on fire? was that the spectacle? I both love and hate cars. Love cars and the freedom they bring and yet hate that I have to have one- an old one too( I really keep them until they die! My volvo is 14 and have inherited a 7 yr old subaru), I would much rather catch taxis or hire cars or have servants to drive me everywhere- in a very fancy modern car of course!

• Cherylle
    November 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm

One car is such a hassle – we are doing it at the moment. There is a lot of scheduling happening trying to get everyone to and from their commitments.
    Your trip sounds sooooooo wonderful. Maybe this is one of the silver linings in the cloud of the past?

• Katrina
    November 24, 2012 at 5:57 am

How did the car shopping go??

November 24, 2012 at 8:29 am

Got one. Pick it up on Monday. We work fast. Xx

This is where I muse about home design, interiors, life with my boys and other stuff that stops my heart. I own my own Real Estate agency, 'Cape Cod Residential', through which I stage, style and sell beautiful homes all over Brisbane, Australia. I have an unrivalled staging inventory which enables me to present all manner of homes in their absolute best light for sale. The complete Real Estate Package! I have an online store, 'Cape Cod Designs', that features some of my most favourite styling pieces ... AND I am currently scheming 'The Next House That A-M Built'. A-M xx

My Real Estate Agency

My Real Estate Agency

Complimentary to all my real estate clients

Like my real estate