12 Tiles That Might Just Take Your Breath Away

No words necessary… just serene sighs.
Image Courtesy Remodelista (same tile, brighter light!)
Close-up!
Image Courtesy Houzz (I think they might be Michael Smith from Ann Sacks)

Image Via Decor Pad (my eyes are not good, is that Michael Smith on the floor again?… looks like it)

(rustic …but in a shiny, glamorous way!…. ‘glamorous rustic’?)
Had to finish with one from ‘Heids’, up in the Northern Hemisphere… a wannabe Brisbanite.
Heidi finds the best stuff.
Her blog is pretty beautiful too… such an inspiration to me.
Hi Heidi!
Happy Thursday…. boy the weeks fly by, don’t they!
We only have 2 more weeks of school, as of today.
I have 2 boys, counting.

Photobucket

Hinterdorfstrasse

Blue Door

• tinajo
    November 16, 2011 at 7:33 pm

A lot of beautiful tiles here – love them! 🙂

• HMB
    November 16, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Oh A-M… You’ve outdone yourself this morning, I’m so in love with that first picture- perfection.
    Sigh… Thx for a nice start to my day!
    Enjoy yours…

• nrkp
    November 16, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Big sigh…the tiles are beautiful. KP

• Andrea
    November 16, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Oh, such beautiful tile! I love what you chose to highlight today A-M. Pretty…..(breathing that word out)….

XO,

• A Melbourne Girl
    November 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I have to admit A-M, most just don’t do it for me. I’m a subway tile girl. But the little leaf one, by New Ravenna is gorgeous! I know I could live with that for a very long time
    Lesley

• Mimi
    November 16, 2011 at 9:58 pm

As I was going through the pics from the top, I was going to comment and say my favourites would be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures but I have got to the bottom and I love all of them. Mimi xx

• A Farmer's Wife
    November 16, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Oh – now I feel like I have good taste because I have just picked something very similar to the 4th last one for our bathroom (although I would imagine I have picked the budget version!)

They are all gorgeous – I particularly like the leafy floor patterned one that seems to have no joins.

• Kellie @ Sasse Avenue
    November 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Wow! All fabulous but my favourite is the swirly leaf tile. I don’t even care about the practicality of them they are just too beautiful not to have if you had the chance. So pretty.

Kel x

• Kathryn @ TikiBoo
    November 17, 2011 at 12:03 am

LOVING that 2nd tile, the blue one. Gorgeous!

• Low Tide High Style
    November 17, 2011 at 1:04 am

Gasping for breath, those are all gorgeous!!!

Kat 🙂

• Natalie
    November 17, 2011 at 1:32 am

Hi AM, Beautiful post. I love the bathroom in the middle of the post – Michael Smith from Anna Sacks. How divine. Maybe after the bookshelves!!!. Your boys are lucky, two more weeks and finished for the year. Poor Oscar doesn’t finish until 22nd December. I feels it’s far too close to Christmas and the kids will be knackered. Have a great day. The sun is shining in Melbourne and we are having a glorious spring day. Love Nataliexx

• for the love of a house
    November 17, 2011 at 1:45 am

the tile with the wood crane (and the same tile in the photo below it) make me SWOON!!

xo to you and the boys!
    joan

• Farmer from NSW
    November 17, 2011 at 1:54 am

I love all those tiles, I especially love the Michael Smith tiles and I am lusting after some on the Ann Sacks website. I wish I could somehow get them to Australia. Is there anyway I can order all these beautiful tiles that only seem to be sold in the US?

• Annie@A View On Design
    November 17, 2011 at 7:15 am

you know tiling is my secret passion, I loved doing it (and picking them out) for the old house i just renovated. I buy them when they are on clear out prices and hide them in my shed for a future house! (probably never be another house, but we can dream…)

• Something Gorgeous
    November 17, 2011 at 8:38 am

Love the floor tiles in the bathroom.x

• pve design
    November 17, 2011 at 10:01 am

I have gone a little glass tile crazy here…..
    pve

• Julienne
    November 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm

All beautiful, all restful in a really stylish way!!!!

• Julie-Ann
    November 17, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Lots of sighs. Those light blue tiles are divine:)

• Karyn
    November 17, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Oh A- M how could you !
    This week was all about start making choices for the ensuite (on a tight budget) It is the last major room in the house to finish. I put away all my ‘beautiful bathroom pictures’, to start my budget tile search, just to get this reno finished. And then their they are , tiles from heaven. Not to mention the Ann Sacks floor tiles , that is what I would pick if I could walk into a tile store in Qld & money was no object. I hadnt even bothered to see if they were available here in Aus. or their price.
    Oh dear what to do………….
    Karyn x

My daughter is counting down her last 2 weeks at school also , minute by minute.

• Melinda
    November 18, 2011 at 7:41 am

All absolutely beautiful, especially anything Ann Sacks. I have just laid that basketweave in my new bathroom and it’s stunning.

• Paddy
    November 19, 2011 at 3:08 am

A-M, you sure do have taste.

• Cassie
    April 29, 2015 at 4:59 am

Brilliant designs! So serene, but yet also exciting!

Comments are closed here.

This is where I muse about home design, real estate, interiors and life with my boys. I am starting my next house build, 'The Next House That A-M Built', and hope to have some action on site in March, 2017. While I am building I will continue to run my Real Estate agency, 'Cape Cod Residential', through which I stage, style and sell beautiful homes all over Brisbane, Australia. I have an unrivalled staging inventory which enables me to present all manner of homes in their absolute best light for sale. It brings me such joy to be able to do Real Estate so differently and achieve great results for my clients. I am so grateful to be living such a creative and exciting life ... that I have created ... through blood, sweat, tears and physio appointments! A-M xx

Our designer in-house furniture and accessories inventory is available to all our real estate clients

Purchase My Favourite Styling Pieces